Friday, October 29, 2010

Can the McAdam/Smith Family Produce Female Offspring?

Between John and me, there seems to be more XY pairing than XX. John doesn't have any sisters, but has 3 brothers. All of my parents' grandchildren are boys. There's only two so far, but my brother found out that his wife is having a boy. We were next to find out the sex of our child. And...
It's a girl! The first in a while! Both John and I wanted a girl and not because of her being spoiled by her grandparents for being different, but we just wanted one first. I guess I don't really have a good reason why. Maybe it's secretly because one of my best friends Mackenzie is having a boy in January and I want them to secretly get married when they are older or because I wanted to dress the kid up with pink bows. I don't know, but we're happy it's a girl!

Here's the 20 week picture of me right before we went to the doc to find out the sex. Ignore the toothbrush in my mouth. We were running a little late.

3 comments:

  1. I'm very excited that you guys are having a girl too! You're definitely starting to look pregnant now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I secretly want them to get married too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls are more fun anyway! there are three girls in my family and only one boy, so i know for sure that girls have way more fun than boys :)

    ReplyDelete