Monday, June 17, 2013

Dam Good Day

On June 8th, John ran the Teton Dam Marathon and I ran the 5k.  It was John's 4th time running a marathon and my first time every doing any race.  I had a lot of fun, but John was just happy to be alive.  The night before we went to a potato bake and filled up on potato and cookies.  John spent the night in Rexburg with some friends and started his race at 6:30 AM.  My 5k started at 8:30, ran it, finished it, picked up the kids, then waited for Daddy to pass the finish line!

To lure Olivia away from the swings, I bought her way over priced peanut m&ms and we waited by the finish line!  She's waiting with my metal because she wanted to wear the "pretty necklace".  She definitely loves being a pretty girl.
This is right before John crossed the finish line!  We were screaming and waving, but he looked a little blank.  I wasn't even sure he noticed us even though there were only a few people behind the bars.  He was very excited to be done.
Crossing the finish line!  Time: 4 hours 48 minutes!  It's actually his worst time out of all his marathons, but it's hard, and he's alive.

Olivia showing us she's a winner!

Jocelyn got one too!

John probably won't be running marathons for a while, but we're looking forward to running more races for the free shirt after the fee!

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOO impressed that you ran a race and then had your kids wait with you afterwards!!
    And so impressed by John running a 4TH marathon?!?!?! That's crazy talk!
    Makes me excited for my race--so awesome.
    And, by the way, I had a couple of cousins running that same marathon (although they just did the half, which is still pretty ridiculous, to me)....it's a small Mormon world, after all.

    ReplyDelete