Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Ryan and Emma Wedding Weekend

Ryan (John's brother) and Emma got married this past weekend.  I'm pretty sure that was the best reception that I have ever been to!  They were married in the Logan Temple on Friday 3 May.  Following their sealing, we went up to Camp Lomia for the wedding reception.  The best part was we could all wear jeans!  The serve gourmet hamburgers and smores, but the best part was, we could roast our own marshmallows at the table.  I'll definitely do that again even if it's not for a wedding. 

John and I made 200 hundred truffles for the wedding.  It only took about 10 hour this time to make them all!  This time we experimented with raspberry and mint flavors.  Okay, I'm not going to lie, we ate an entire batch (50) raspberry truffles and had to make another one.  Was it worth it?  Yes it was.
 For the weekend we stayed with John's family in a rented house in Brigham City, about 30 minutes away from Logan.  Olivia is never really good and just going to sleep at her bedtime when we are traveling.  She didn't go to bed until almost midnight, then woke up SCREAMING on the wedding day at 5AM.  After 30 minutes of screaming and everyone already away, we decided to just hang out in the living room.  Olivia went back to sleep and so did everyone else.  I had to snap a picture of daddy and little Jocelyn sleeping.
 The famous baby stand:
 Here's Jocelyn with Uncle Jacob and Daddy before the wedding lunch.  The girls love Uncle Jacob!
 During the reception Olivia found a swing and she swung on it for at least and hour and a half.  I was nervous at first because it isn't a toddler swing, but she hung on and ended up swinging just as high as the big kids!  That's my girl!  She's not afraid of anything.
We really did celebrate a wedding this weekend even though I don't have any pictures to prove it.  This coming week, the girls and I will be heading to California for the open house!

No comments:

Post a Comment