Wednesday, May 29, 2013

California Open House!

A week after Ryan and Emma's wedding, they had an open house in Santa Rosa, CA.  Since John's parents really wanted to show off their granddaughters at the open house, the girls and I drove down to California for a week and left John behind in California to work on the house and go to work.

We usually like to drive through the night with the girls because it's not too fun for them to sit in a carseat all day while they are awake, but I couldn't on the way down because I had to see The Piano Guys in concert on Thursday night!  John and I went on our date night to see the Piano Guys in Rexburg!  This is the only picture I have of them.  Unfortunately there's a bald guy who stole the flash.

We left at 7AM because we got home late and I procrastinated and didn't pack until that morning.  The girls did great in the car until Twin Falls where we decided to get out and look at the Twin Falls LDS Temple.  I fed Jocelyn in the car while Olivia ran around the water fountain.  Oh, and my friend Cyndil came with me.  I don't think I could travel that far with two kids in the daytime.

Olivia has a temple book that was given to her by John's old mission president and wife, the Dils.  She loves driving by the temple since it is walking distance from our house.  She usually yells, "Temple!  Moroni!"

We always have to cheer when we leave Idaho!

When I was a kid, it was always a special treat for us on road trips to buy Ice Cream at the gas station.  Since Olivia had to suffer in the car, I decided to get her an Ice cream.  I got her this one because I thought it wouldn't be messy.  I don't know what I was thinking.  Half of it went into her hair.

I don't know why, but every time I enter California, I always take a picture of the ugly sign.  I figured I should post it since I took a picture.

One of the reasons we love California:

We got in on a Friday night and it only took 15 hours!  It usually only takes us 11 hours to drive to Sacramento, but we made 4 stops that lasted each an hour long.

On Saturday we went to the open house in Santa Rosa.  I have no picture evidence of us being there except for the "Olivia can play catch" game.  Olivia loved it as usual.

My mom was sick the entire time that we were there, so we didn't really go out to do too much except for the usual visit my brother, eat, and shop.  My mom made her famous play-dough recipe for Olivia and she played with it for hours!  It's been 2 weeks since our trip, it's still fresh, and Olivia plays with it every day!

Jocelyn just snuggled with grandparents.


Kevin's kids are tons of fun to play with!

Grandpa and Jocelyn!

At Apo's house we decided to make these handprint molds of the girls' hands.  Olivia wanted to make more, but she got really excited when I let her paint it!

On Wednesday we went to Santa Rosa.  This time, the girls and I were sick.  The first night we slept pretty well, the next night Jocelyn woke up every 20 minutes, then the next night, Olivia woke up constantly because she was sick so we decided to watch Cinderella III at 3AM.  We had a lot of fun things planned for Saturday, but with all of us sick, we decided to just go swimming in freezing cold water.

I'm mostly just posting this video for the grandparents and my bro because I don't think anyone else will find this interesting.  I love this video of Olivia and Stu talking to each other.  I'm not quite sure of every word they're saying, but they sure do seem to understand each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment