Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

This Easter weekend was a lot of fun for Olivia and the rest of the family!  Jocelyn just chilled in her various carrying devices.  On Saturday we went to a neighborhood Easter egg hunt put on by a lady in our ward.  It was at the local Elementary school with eggs spread around a huge field.  On Thursday I helped assemble the eggs and I think we had around 2300.

We forgot to bring a basket so Jocelyn carried all the eggs for us.

Olivia wore her apron that Grandma Ruthie gave her.  She loves it and it was perfect for her hunt.


I made another bunny cake, but this time, I made everything from scratch and didn't follow any specific recipe.  The cake was a chocolate cake with big chunks of fresh strawberry.  Then for the pink frosting, I use real strawberries and other secret ingredients with a green cream cheese frosting for the details.  I know that the bunny's ears are a little uneven and the tie was tied by a drunk, but it tasted delish.

We tried to take a family Easter picture, but a 10-second timer is a little bit too much for Olivia.

Since today was in the 60's we went to the park to play.  Olivia went down the slide and walked down the bars, with the help of her daddy.


And Jocelyn slept.



Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Keeping the bunny cake tradition alive, I see. Well done.

    ReplyDelete