Monday, May 2, 2011

First Anniversary, Red Egg and a Baby Blessing

John and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary last month. We were able to eat our wedding cake for the first time. It was delish even a year later. If anyone in Sacramento needs a wedding cake, let me know and I will give you the info of my wedding cake maker.

I guess in China, when a baby reaches the ripe age of one month, they throw a party called a red egg celebration. I don't know much other than they have red eggs and red envelopes. My father-in-law and mother explained it to me, but it didn't stick. Instead, we just have pictures of her as a one-month-old baby.

Olivia even went to Texas Road House on her one month birthday!

For her one month birthday, my parents bought her a cradle/swing. It wasn't really just for her one month birthday, but it was to keep her mother sane. Olivia use to always want to be held. Even when she fell asleep and I would put her down, she knew it and cried until she was picked up again. Thanks to the swing, mama has a lot more freedom.

Olivia had her baby blessing this past weekend. Her grandparents, Uncle Ryan, Mackenzie, her mom, sister, and kids came up to visit! I didn't get a picture of Olivia with my parents. It was a busy day, but we did get one with John's parents!

Then we took a picture of all the kids together. Keelie was so much fun to have around and had so much fun playing with her dime! She loves her little brother and it was so cute watching her with him. Here are all the kids right next to each other. Sorry the picture is on it's side. I can't get it to be normal.


Coming up soon: Yellowstone!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so ashamed! Your WHITE in-laws explained to you the CHINESE tradition of the red egg ceremony and it doesn't stick? AY YAH!!

    It sounds like Olivia had a pretty sweet one month old birthday and I like that you guys went to TX Roadhouse.

    Loving Olivia's little face in her blessing picture with her cute little open mouth. What a cutie! You don't look too bad yourself and neither does your fam.

    Oh, and Mack's kids are very cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her hair!! And I have to say, you look amazing for having just had a baby a month ago. How is that fair?

    Glad you got the swing. Those things are lifesavers. Hope it helps you get a little sleep!

    ReplyDelete